Tuesday, July 08, 2008

NO BUENO!!!!!!

Ok, so Happy late Independence Day to everyone out there! I hope you all had BBQs and fireworks and ate popsicles and spent time with family/friends and had just a wonderful time!

I'd have to say overall my "DAY" was great...I went and played in this softball tourney out in Menan(Rigby area) with my friend Jill and her cousins and cousins friends. It was fun! We were down there by 9am and played 2 games, which we won, so all the sudden we were in the Championship game, but that wasn't til 5pm. So we went back to Jills and ended up floatin the Snake river over at her fam's cabin. It was way nice because it was HOT. Actually not super hot, but sticky sweaty hot, especially from playin softball all day. So it was refreshing to be in cold water :)

Back on track...so we played the game and we lose..which was a bummer...but overall the tourney was fun. So Jill wanted to go to Jackson for fireworks so around 8:17 we head out to Jackson with some of our other friends JaNae, Andrea, and Jen(?) The ride over was outta control! I was on somethin I think cuz I was just makin jokes and singing patriotic songs and being a lil wacky...but I did get limited sleep the night before so I was way tired...still it was really FUN...I remember laughing really really hard...not sure why?But it was good times!!

Well we end up seein the fireworks and they are totally spectacular! I loved em! We were really close and they were shooting them off at the base of the mountain and so it was beautiful! So after the fireworks I was thinkin, "dang, my stomach feels funky!" So I share my observation with the group. Anywho we walked around Jackson for a bit and eventually went to Albertsons to get some Coke to relieve my stomach pains...well to make a long story short I ended up tossin my cookies in the parking lot of Albertsons, next to a lovely tree planted in some lovely bark! After a while of this we decide we should head back to Rexburg, we still had an 1 1/2 hr drive(mas o menos). We get going and man I just feel like I could keel over at any moment! It was a horrible drive, we had to stop 2 times so I could puke in some weeds. It was far from the happy journey I had ridin over there...very far. I think I said 3 words the whole trip back which were "Stop the car!"

Now take that picture of my ride back and apply it to ALL of friday night! That is why this post is entitled NO BUENO!! Anywho I'll spare ya all the details, but I was really sick...the works! Saturday and sunday were spent loungin around watchin the disney channel and wimbledon. I had to cancel my date to the Chukkars baseball game which was what I was lookin forward to the whole week. It would have been fun. BUMMER!

So now I am restored to practically full health...not totally. I still feel somewhat weak and a lil tired, but that could be due to the heat as well. I'm just glad my sickness and throwin-up-ness only lasted one night and that I didn't have to miss any school. I absolutely HATE being sick. I haven't been that kind of sick in a long time, first time since I've been away from home and the whole time I just was thinking "when will this be over?? I want my Mom!!" It really makes me appreciate my health though and how overall I am a really healthy person! It definitely is a blessing. I'm just glad I don't have any major sicknesses because I feel so helpless when I'm sick and I don't know if I could live that way.

Anywho so morale of this very long blog, Appreciate your health everyday, because it is a major blessing and even when things are rough(and you're throwing up for pretty much 8 hrs on a holiday) there is always someone who is worse off than you. It is but a moment! Be grateful for the health which you possess and do what you can to live a long healthy life!

That is also my plug for health me being a future health educator and all!!!

Well hopefully everyone had a better weekend than I did! And hopefully this blog finds you in good Health :)
Much love!

2 comments:

Tara Douglas said...

That is the absolute WORST feeling ever... especially when you are in the car. Hopefully you didnt have really bad runs in the car... that would definitely NO BUENO!! haha

Krista said...

ANN MARIE!!! I'm so glad you found my blog! Hey that is exciting you are student teaching in the fall...my advice...just have fun. The more you have fun with the kids and play games while still learning the better your experience will be. Let me know when you find out where you are going. I'll think about some good tips and let you know. Keep in touch