Hey all! Sorry its been a while since I posted...but I moved down to Las Vegas! I got here on Friday and it has been good so far! My mom and sister drove down with me and helped me get settled in and than flew back to spokane on Monday. I'm glad they were able to come down with me. It was nice to have them here.
Anywho so now that I live in Vegas I'd have to say that it is way ROASTY TOASTY!! It is so hot here! I keep telling people its like living in a hairdryer. Sometimes its not so bad but other times its just insane!Today is one of those days! I had to wear long pants and a nice shirt for my student teaching orientation meeting, which is what I will prob be wearing to school most days now, but man those long pants in like 110 degree weather is just outta control!! Oh well guess I'll have to get used to it! Thank Heavens for AC!!
So I also found out my placement today, I'm going to be teaching at a Middle School fairly close to my apartments. So far I know I'll be teaching health...I'm not sure what grade, so I guess we'll see! Anywho its exciting times for me down here! I'm on my own beginning a new experience! I think it will be ok. I'm still nervous but I'm excited as well.
Well thats pretty much all thats going on with me right now. I'm sure I will have more to post later! Some things have occured, I bought a digital camera, so maybe there will be more pics on here..but I can't promise anything because I also am borrowing my dads lappy for the fall, and it has a hard time connecting to the wireless internet, so if my blogs are few and far between than you will know why. But I will try my best to keep y'all posted, cuz I really do enjoy blogging.
Ok, also I saw the movie Mama Mia! And I LOVED IT!! That movie was so so good and me and my friend Jill had a radical time rockin out to ABBA!! Next I wanna see the play in real life, I know its playing down here and my friend can get cheap tix so I might go see it, but I would like to see it on broadway in NYC perhaps too, however I would rather see Wicked if I saw a play in NY. Maybe I will see Mama Mia down here, but one downfall of being in Vegas as a student teacher is that I am really poor, so even tho there is a ton of fun stuff to do, I am limited because of funds. Now everyone please cry for me for a moment :)
Anywho loved the movie!
Well hopefully I can get some more stuff posted on here! I hope everyone is doing very grand!
Much love!
6 comments:
HAHA, living in a blowdryer. I'm glad that you are having a good time so far! I sure hope those middle school kids are nice to you, middle school kids are ruthless as I do remember just a few years back when I was one of them myself. I was never mean to a teach though :) I look forward to seeing how you are doin whenever you can update!
Yay! you're in Vegas Baby:) Good luck with everything. You will be GREAT. I also saw Mamma Mia and I have to say that the singing was quite hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing. You know who would have been an excellent choice for the Mom? Michele Pheiffer + she can sing!
being poor is a un-avoidable and re-occuring problem of being young! argh! so, maybe you should hold off on going to the mamma mia production until i come in october? anywho, start finding fun, cheap things for us to do! holla!
Wow, you are awesome AnnMarie, I bet those middle school kids are going to love you! I haven't seen Mama Mia! yet. Sounds like a good one though, I better check it out.
Hi Ann Marie, It was so cool to get a comment from you on my last post (which I totally slack on posting regularly) but we moved to Boise last July to open a store (Platos Closet- theres one in Reno but not yet in Vegas but a very cool teen and young adult clothing store). I have heard a ton the Mama Mia is great so I hope to see it soon. Glad to see you are doing so great and good luck surviving the heat in Vegas (we were there in May and it was 103-106 the whole time-too hot!!
Lori Barney
I'm glad you're liking Vegas! I am totally looking forward to see all of the adventures you experience there.
Mama Mia was good? I wasn't sure about it from the previews. Maybe I'll have to check it out. I heard the play was excellent.
Oh, Isla and I are changing planes in Vegas on Friday. So we'll be close to you, even if it's in the airport. :)
Post a Comment