You know what was semi-sad today?? Well so I went to the post office to buy some stamps...ok...first I need to back track...about 2 weeks ago I wrote a letter to my best friend Blayre who is serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Las Vegas, so I wrote this letter and I rode my bike to the post office to send it off before mail collection at 5, it was like 4:56. I go to deposit my letter in the mailbox and there is this notice taped on to the slot that says..."as of May 8th postage is now $.42" Ok, so the stamp I had on the letter was only $.41 and sadly to say I did not have a single penny on me to go buy a one cent stamp...so my brain is rapidly churning for how to get a penny to buy a stamp!
Since my bro lives right across the street from the post office I decide to go ask him for a penny real fast, so I jet over to his apt, climb the stairs to the 3rd floor, knock on his door, enter his apt, and my bro is not there! However, his roomies are there, so I ask one of them(I don't know their names) for a cent. And they both look at me kinda weird, so I quickly say "postage is increased and I need a penny asap!!!" All he had was a quarter so I swipe it and head back to the post office, by this time, it's approx. 4:59...JUNK! So I run in and get in line before it closed. I than get to the counter and ask the gentleman for a one cent stamp to accompany my Yoda Star Wars $.41 stamp. I than proceed to buy 20 more one cent stamps for the other $.41 Star Wars stamps I have in my possession, the thing is, when I got home I realized, I only had about 3 $.41 cent stamps left.
Now this being said I can continue on to my sad story today...I finally ran out of those 3 Star Wars stamps so I go to the post office to buy somemore...and let me just say that those Star Wars stamps are my absolute fav! I love em and have been buying them since they came out earlier this year, or maybe even the end of 2007. Anywho they rock, and lets face it, Star Wars is awesome! Who wouldn't want to get a letter adorned with a stamp of Darth Maul, or Luke Skywalker, or maybe Han Solo and Obi-Wan Kenobi? Especially missionaries, right? Because lets face it, sometimes the stamp is cooler than the letter anyways! It's flippin Star Wars Dude!!!
Alright, so I go to the counter to purchase my beloved Star Wars stamps and guess what?? Yep, you guessed it, they don't have the Star Wars stamps anymore!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!
It was seriously such a bummer, I guess they got rid of them once the price increased...so so sad! I just didn't know what to do, the man had two sheets for me to pick from...Minnesota stamps(yeah...sure...) or Frank Sinatra...I couldn't even think...why couldn't I have the Star Wars ones? I have enough one cent stamps at home to accompany the $.41 Star Wars stamps, it would be ok!
But no...that wasn't even an option...In the end I went for the Sinatra stamps, I had to make a choice...but man, I was major bummed about the Star Wars stamps, gone forever. Now I have 17 one cent lamp stamps that won't get any use til the next postage increase.
Thats why it was a sad day at the post office, I feel like a part of me is missing without those stamps, my letters will now have to be judged by their content instead of by the radical eye catching Star Wars stamp on the front. Hopefully Franky can carry on the cool stamps tradition, but I just don't know if he can handle it!
I hope none of you will ever experience something like this in your life, it's not pleasant! Just make sure you cherish the stamps you have now, cuz who knows when they will oneday be gone from you forever!
4 comments:
I know how you feel! I have superhero stamps that I have had for 3 years, back when it was $.39. I can't let them go and now I probably never will. I used all of the "green lantern" one's cause I've never heard of him, but I have all the awesome one's still! I'm oh so sorry about your Star Wars buddies never comin round again. The sun will come out again and there will be some more cool one's, I promise!
oh man I love your stories...they just come alive when you write them out... and they always leave me missin you!! have a beautiful day!
That's a bummer. It may not be as good as a stamp, but you can still buy Star Wars stickers and put them on the back of the envelope. Or on the letter it self. That way, the Star Wars sticker is part of the content of the letter!
Hahaha. Oh Annmarie! I miss you...
Post a Comment