Monday, April 28, 2008

Good times!

What up everyone?? So I am back from New York! I had a way fabulous time! Thanks a ton to scott and cortnie for the many wonderful times! Each day was jammed packed with tons of stuff it seemed! We had church stuff mostly on sat and sun, than mon-wed we were in NYC, it's craziness there!! Way big and busy! It's an experience though! There is a ton to do and lil time to do it all! But we saw some cool places, times square, central park, and some other stuff. We also went to a David Letterman show on Wednesday Uma Thurman was the guest. That was my first time seeing real celebrities! It was kinda weird, they look mostly the same...its just weird to be right there in real life watchin them when you're used to just seeing them on TV and such!! Craziness!!! Anywho so it was real fun though!

Than on Thurs Cort and I went to Palmyra and saw many church history sites, such as the Hill Cumorah, the Sacred Grove, Joseph Smiths house, the Palmyra Temple, and also the site where the first 5,000 copies of the Book of Mormon were published!! It was wonderful! Definitely something I won't forget! It was just amazing! I know the Gospel is true with all my heart and I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. It's amazing how much the church has grown since the days of Palmyra. Isn't it marvelous!!

Anyways so than on Fri me and Cort went to a zoo in Syracuse, which was way awesome! I haven't been to a zoo since I was a lil kid, so this was really cool!! Zoos are fun!! We saw many animals, it was excellent! I guess school was out that day and so the zoo was packed to the brim with strollers and moms with herds of kids pushing their way through the zoo...it was quite an adventure navigating our way through, but totally worth it!!

Well than Friday afternoon I flew back to Utah and got there late at night. I stayed with my friend Taci and Stacee my other friend stayed with us too!! On saturday we went to my old roomie, Suzi's, reception! It was very beautiful and great!! Oh yeah and we played Super Nintendo pretty much all of saturday...Donkey Kong rocks!!

So saturday night we went to a cheap movie called "Penelope," about a girl born with a pig nose...I know it doesn't sound like much, but dang that movie was way good!! I highly enjoyed it! You should all watch it! Really! It's great!
"It's not the curse, it's the power you give to the curse!" Haha!! Just see the movie and you'll know what I mean!!

Well now I'm back at school, first week went ok. I think my classes will be alright. They may be kinda tought, but I just gotta make it through and than I'll be off to Vegas for student teaching! This is the last week coaching Rigby HS, we have lost every game so far. I hope we can just pull one out this last week and play like we know how, and flippin WIN!! I know they have it in them, I see their skill and their potential, it's just like they are a different team at games than what they are at practice!! It's frustratin as a coach to watch sometimes. I know they have improved a ton though! Next season they will be better, I'm sure of it!!

Anyways competitive softball also starts this week. I'm gonna play, even though my arm is giving me trouble still...I guess I should go get it checked out. But yeah I'm excited to play competitive!! It will rock! I know some girls playing who I haven't played with for a while, so that will be cool!!

Alright well speaking of school...I better get going on some homework. I hope y'all are doing super fab!! Thanks for reading my blog! Have a fantastic week!! Love y'all!!!

3 comments:

Michael said...

Wow, don't you ever slow down? You're like Jack Bauer, except instead of fighting terrorists all day, you have fun. Anyway, I want to hear more about student teaching.

Rachel and Tyler said...

I can't believe you were in New York at my temple and didn't see me. We even went to the temple last friday! What's up with that?

Cort said...

How was that movie, "Penelope?" I really like James McAvoy.