Wow, just WOW! Do you see it's been over 2 years since I last blogged? I know you're wondering, what the JUNK happened? Was I kidnapped in a foreign country and just now escaped? Did I hit my head in a freak kite accident and get amnesia? Or did the freak kite accident put me in a coma in which I am just now waking up from? Or did I die from said freak kite accident? The answer to all of the above is NO! UTAH is what happened! I've been living in Utah the last 2 years and truthfully blogging just fell off the radar. Also, I put most my life updates on Facebook or I just talk to people in real life, so I haven't felt the need to blog, and I also feel that no one even blogs anymore, like it just slowly slipped out of everyone's lives. Weird.
But now I have decided to resurrect my blog. Even if no one reads it, I am at least going to have a record for myself, and yes I do have a journal, but this will also be a way to document some of the happenings in my life, the ones I want to make public that is.
So, I can't recap the last 2 years, it would be a novel, and it would be rambly and truthfully, right now, it would be pretty emotional and me gushing about the people I love and will miss greatly in Utah and how they changed my life and how I'm going to miss them so much and how even after just leaving yesterday my heart is breaking and I'm wondering how I'm going to be away from them for so long and how much I hate goodbyes even when I know I'll see them again. They are the best of friends, legit, true, genuine friends that will be my friends forever I know it. I love them, and I love the experiences I had in Utah because of them, and I will be eternally grateful for those experiences and those people. Also, I loved, loved, loved living so close to my sister and my bro-in-law and my nieces, that was truly awesome and I'm grateful for all the time I was able to spend with them. I love them and will miss them so much.
Anywho, look it, I'm getting all emotional, ugh! Emotion all over my face these past few days. It's hard for me saying goodbye, it always has been. Some of you know from experience, I get really attached to people and I just love them too much for my own good, to the extent that when I have to say goodbye it breaks my heart and I just lose it. I know it's part of life and I know that it just means that I actually have people I love and who love me, and I wouldn't change that for anything. So, though it's hard, it is necessary, and I will go forth and be a better person for having known them (and still know them, because they didn't die, haha) but I will forever be grateful for them. I could keep going on and on, but I think I need to move on from this or this whole thing will just be really emotional, and you the reader will want to slap me through the screen and yell "GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF!"
Let's just say Utah overall was a lot better than I had imagined it would be before I lived there. It was a good place to live and I met amazing people and I would live there again someday.
So, in case you haven't picked up on it yet, which why haven't you? I moved. In fact, I just moved yesterday. I am currently back in WA, but I didn't really move here, you see, I didn't really move anywhere. I took a job where I will be traveling around the country for at least the next year, I will be all over the place pretty much. Staying in each city for 2-3 weeks then moving on to the next place. I will be listing addresses for a study. I'm not sure entirely everything that it entails, but I go to training next week and I'm sure everything will become more clear. So far I only know 2 places I'll be, a little town in Michigan and Memphis Tennessee, so the other places are a mystery.
Hence part of the reason for resurrecting my blog. I decided that I should document my adventures in all these places. So, even though I might not write as often as I once did *cough* college *cough* I will try to write at least about every place I go. It might not be so exciting, but I'm sure it will be random enough for you, which can be exciting, right?
Anywho, so here's to the next year full of basically the unknown, I'm nervous and excited, let's see what happens!
Oh, and I hope you are all doing well after all these years, and if you're reading this, you should really get Facebook or Instagram. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment