Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair!

I felt inspired while reading my friend Cortnie's recent blog post about her hair that I decided to write a blog about my own hair. While it's true I haven't had a haircut recently or anything dramatic happen, I just wanted to write about some hair experiences I have had in my life. I too, like Cortnie, will never have short hair again in my life! Let me share with you why:

Once upon a time, I was a little girl and I had incredibly long hair! I was like 3 or so and my hair was like taller than I was! Well maybe not really, but it felt like it! Anywho my mother would brush my hair after each bath and I would scream as she brushed through the rats in my luscious locks! Well after years of me yelling bloody murder every time I got my hair brushed, my mom was ready to throw in the towel. So when I was 5 or so, my mom being the all powerful parent who has all control over her young child's hair cut decided to cut off all my beautiful hair! And I mean ALL of my hair!! It wasn't just a trim to my shoulders to make my hair a lil more manageable, it was like a full fledged boy haircut! Ok, and that isn't even the end of the story! Here is why I was scarred for life and never will cut my hair short like that again in my life! When I was entering kindergarten there was a day when we went to meet our teachers with our parents and as we entered the class and were meeting the teacher for the very first time, the first thing my new teacher said to us was, "oh what a cute little boy you have!!!" UGHHHHHHH!! Seriously!??!!? That definitely left a mark, I have never forgotten that comment in all my life and it will take a heck of a lot for me to ever cut my hair short again!! NEVER AGAIN!!! hahahaha!!

Anywho, so to all the mothers who read this blog, please just remember that if you have a lil girl, and she has long beautiful hair that may require a little effort to brush after a bath, she does not deserve to be scarred for life by giving her a boy hairstyle! Just don't do it! The physical pain of the brushing totally outweighs the lifetime of emotional pain caused by a "what a cute lil boy you have!" comment! I'm just sayin....

stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

Tuzi Salz said...

Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. When I was young I took a pair of scissors to my own head. My Mom was busy that day, so she had my Dad take me in to see what they could do with it. It turned out looking like a bowl cut. one like Barney Rubble has on the Flintstones. Still had somewhat of a girlish form. Well, I went home and my Mom was horrified. Thought it looked too boyish. So she took me back in, and naturally, they cut me a spike cut. Everyone knows a spike cut is far more girly than a bowl cut?? Ha! One day I was walking into a store with my brother and I decided to open a door for a woman. Her comment, "oh what cute little twin boys!" Yeah, it is devastating. But we pull through :) Miss you Judy!