So this onetime today I was just sitting in my car at a red light after driving all over to purchase things. Well I was just sittin in my car listening to some tunes, when all the sudden I noticed a bird just come and land right in the middle of the intersection...it was really weird cuz normally birds will not land right in the middle of a busy intersection, and if they do its only for a sec...they than get scared cuz all the cars are zoomin past them so they fly away. Well no not this bird! This bird just landed right in the intersection, and than walked across the road to the sidewalk...yep, this bird just walked across the busy intersection, somehow not getting hit and somehow not freaking out!! It was crazy dude!! I couldn't believe this bird!! What was he/she thinking?? Does he/she want to lose his/her life?? Oh goodness!! I was scared for that lil bird!! But it made it safely across the road, it found a patch of green grass and started eating something, perfectly content not knowing the crazy danger it was just in!!
So I wasn't thinking about relating this to the Gospel at all but it just hit me as I was writing this!! I wonder if sometimes we are like that lil bird, we land ourselves right in the middle of Danger not knowing what the heck we're getting ourself into...we walk around not knowing of the danger all around us...Meanwhile somebody is full aware of what we are doing and is shouting from the car to be careful!! And is watching our every move just waiting for us to find a safe spot of grass, He can't forcefully pick us up and move us to the safe spot, but He provides the safe spot and can guide us there! We have to get there on our own physically, but we are not ever alone really. He is always there and has a watchful eye on us. He is guiding us to safety, we just need to look around...pay attention, and realize the safety is in the grass!It may take us awhile to get there but once we do the reward is sweet and we are happy we are there instead of in the busy intersection!
Anywho I'm not sure if that makes sense at all...just some random thoughts about this bird and about life!!
3 comments:
This is wonderful, Ann Marie! At first I was giggling about the "he/she" every time you referred to the bird.
But then I read the second paragraph and you are 100% correct :) He has to abide by our free agency. I bet He feels a lot like you did watching that little bird. Like you wanted to jump out and grab it and take it safely to the other side, but couldn't. It needed to find it's own way. :)
Thats a really good analogy! When we're mindful of the dangers that surround us, we are able to steer clear of those crazy intersections.
As a parent I've come to realize our Saviors love for us in a new way, for me its easy to want to control my kids...intending to keep them safe cause I love them so much. My kids do NOT like to be controlled, and I see that when I give them the chance to choose for themselves how they will act (after teaching them) they grow so much more for it.
I love these learning moments. I find that the more I read my scriptures, the more I see them. Kinda a change in perspective. Your a good example to us all, and you're gonna be a steller missionary!!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :) Love you Ann Marie!!
Very thought provoking. I see a little birdie out in the middle of the intersection every single day.
Post a Comment