Friday, November 14, 2008

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!

It is true! I am at the final countdown of my student teaching experience! From today I have a total of 6 teaching days left at Bob Miller Middle School! My last day is Nov 24! I found out I can leave a day early to drive back to Spokane in time for Thanksgiving! So I am pretty stoked!

Anywho can I just say WOW! This whole student teaching has just flown right by! I feel that when I finally am starting to get the hang of everything and really getting to know the kids and love them, its time to leave!! Its going to be bittersweet! I'll miss those crazy kids! I know you might think it sounds cliche or what not, but I really have learned to love my students and they are what I enjoy most about teaching!! I really do feel The children are the future(this is what might sound cliche!) I do what I do for these kids! They are great individuals and I feel super blessed to get to know them and to have the privalege of teaching them for 54 min everyday!

I have learned to love being a teacher and realize that Yes, I can do this and that this is what I want to do! I'm no longer fearful and uncertain of my choice to be a teacher. And yes I was somewhat fearful and uncertain at the start of this whole thing and all through college. But I'm glad I stuck it through and was able to see that this is what I want to do! Its not always the easiest and some days you wonder if its really worth it. But than you have the really good days and those really great students who make it so worth it and make you realize "oh yeah, I remember why I'm doing this!"

Well I could surely go on and on about my student teaching and give lots of stories, but I will refrain, cuz this is just a blog, not Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows(even though I love HP!)

So I just wanted to express the final countdown of my student teaching through this popular song entitled...yes...you guessed it..."The Final Countdown" by the hit 80s hair band Europe...I can't say it any better than them! And the only video that I could find of the song that was not restricted to use was this "Armageddon" video on youtube!



As things are blowing up and earth is in complete peril, just imagine I am one of the astronauts that is saving the world from utter destruction and doom!
Thats teaching...the fate of the World depends on it! :)
Hope y'all are great!! Love you all!

PS: I secretly want to be an astronaut anyways!

2 comments:

Joann said...

Hahahahaha!!! That was pretty funny, good luck with teaching. I did that too, got my degree and all. What are you going to do after student teaching?

Mary Child said...

Oh Ann Marie, I always felt the exact same way about teaching! I loved the kids too, and felt fulfilled by the job because I really believed I was making a difference. Now that Jon makes 3 times what I would make (he's a pharmacist), I wonder if I chose the right career. But, especially after reading this post, I know in my heart that I did!

Congrats on wrapping up your student teaching, and Happy Thanksgiving Ann Marie!