Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The San Francisco CHEAT!!!!

Ok...so I bet you're wondering what this title has to do with anything..let me set the scene for you...
So this onetime tonight I decided to make some yummy Rice-A-Roni, I was real excited cuz I was real hungry. So I am singing a song I made up about the days of the week that went something like..."Today is Tuesday..Today is the day of Tues...why is this so? We do not know! But yet it is the day called Tues." And it pretty much continued on this way til sunday...than I was just so excited about my rice-a-roni I made up a song about rice-a-roni...not the one on the commercials...this one is the original A-Marizzle masterpiece from my mind. So it was pretty much awesome! So I keep thinking, hmmm...San Francisco Treat...I wonder if this stuff is made there...which of course it should be! Hulllllloooo?? San Francisco Treat!! Makes sense right??
So I take a gander at the box and guess where this stuff is made...Its made in flippin CHICAGO ILLINOIS!!! WHAT?? I know, I know...I was totally shocked and utterly outraged and shared my disbelief with my roomie! I than shared it via text to various other friends! Than I put this energy to work and wrote an e-mail of frustration to "Golden Grain" the company that makes Rice-A-Roni in Chicago...this was my e-mail:

"Hello, Thank you for your product...I greatly enjoy rice-a-roni products. But as I was making a box of rice-a-roni tonight for dinner and singing a very catchy song I made up about rice-a-roni I glanced at the box and saw that rice-a-roni is actually made in...wait...where?? CHICAGO!!!!! Ummmm....WHAT?? San Francisco Treat...San Francisco Treat!! Last time I checked San Francisco was in California!!
I for one feel deceived by this new found information...for years and years I believed that rice-a-roni was made in San Francisco...I mean who wouldn't...it says right on the box SAN FRANCISCO TREAT!!!
Anyways morale of this comment is that I for one feel taken advantage of and like you have been lying to the World with your San Francisco treat when your product is actually made in CHICAGO!!! Maybe you should change the box to say Windy City Treat...Cuz right now I feel that the San Francisco Treat...is just a Big San Francisco CHEAT!!! I for one am very disappointed and I feel hurt and led astray by this false advertising and LIE!!!!
I don't know how you sleep at night!
Thank you for your time!
Ann Marie"

And yes you bet I actually sent this!! I will let you know if they respond!! As I write this blog and eat my Rice-A-Roni, I feel somewhat let down by something I loved so much...I trusted that rice-a-roni really was the San Francisco treat.
Next thing I know I'm going to find out that Keebler cookies aren't really made in a tree by elves and that lucky charms aren't really at the end of a rainbow...
What is the World coming to!!!

THE LIE!!!!!!


THE TRUTH!!!!

6 comments:

Michael said...

I am so depressed by this I may just have to call in sick to work today, the day of Wednes.

Whitney R said...

I'm so very impressed with your letter. I'm so glad you sent it! I really hope they respond.

For a good year I had rice a roni at least once or twice a week. SO STINKIN GOOD! I still really just like the rice palif.

I'm secretly bummed about it not being made in San Fran, though.

a loose seal said...

Those con artists! You should make a short documentary on this shocking discovery. I hope they send you a box of rice a roni or something to make it up to you!

Julie said...

How disappointing. Maybe it's just a serious typo. Some idiot thought that San Francisco is spelled
c-h-i-c-a-g-o with a silent g or something. I am however, more disappointed that I missed out on your awesome lyrics and tunes. You've got the gift, man!

Stephani said...

Okay, you are officially now the coolest person I know. Thanks for the laugh, I'm so glad they responded so sincerely to your complaint, you're awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

*** the "san francisco" treat