Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Response!!

Here is the response I got back today from Rice-a-roni:

Ann Marie:

We're sorry you feel Rice A Roni is not a San Franciscan treat.

Rice A Roni was first created in San Francisco as a family treat with the DeDomenico family. While Quaker Oats Company (headquartered in Chicago), bought the DeDomenico family's Golden Grain Company in 1986, Rice A Roni is still a treat that originated in San Francisco. However, we're sorry you were disappointed and we will share your comments with management.

For more information about the history of Rice A Roni, please visit: http://www.ricearoni.com/rar_aboutUs/foundingFamily/

Thank you for your business, Ann Marie, and for sharing your comments with us. We hope you will continue to be a valued loyal consumer. We have mailed a full value coupon, good on any Quaker family product, and it should arrive in about a week.

Theresa
Quaker Consumer Relations

Hahahahahahahaha!! Thats awesome!! I'm looking forward to my full value coupon that shall be arriving in the mail!

PS: I'm still disappointed its not really made in San Francisco...I'm just sayin...

5 comments:

a loose seal said...

Awesome. Quaker is a fine, upstanding company. Have fun cashing out your coupon!

Whitney R said...

LOL. Ann marie.. this is hilariuos.

Can I post about your experience on my blog??

The Robinsons said...

I love their first sentence! "We're sorry you feel Rice A Roni is not a San Franciscan treat." Ha ha ha!

Unknown said...

this is a priceless post. san francisco crackers! ;)

Krista & Tyler said...

you would.
gosh i miss you.

haha
much love!
holla at your boo!