Well onto other news...I'M GOING ON A MISSION (for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)!!! Yep its true! I tried to keep it on the DL and I think I did a pretty good job...but I'm going and I received my call while I was in Antigua, but didn't open it till I got home from Antigua...which meant waiting 4 days to find out where I'd be the next year and a half of my life!! Wow! That sure was hard to wait! It really tried my patience! But what can ya do? My friend Blayre wanted to go to my house and open it for me and read it to me over the phone...but UH-UHHHHHH..I said "Shoot girl no way!" So I spent almost every second till Sunday thinking about all the possible places I'd be going...
ANYWHO.....I'm going to be serving in the Ecuador Guayaquil South Mission!! I got my call technically April 9 and I will be entering the MTC(Missionary Training Center) May 20!! Wow its coming up quick!! But I am seriously really excited!! Part of me is really nervous and thinking Man what am I getting myself into?? But than I have this really major part of me that is just so excited and so happy. I feel extremely blessed and grateful for the opportunity I have to be a messenger of Jesus Christ! The Lord is trusting me to teach his children in Ecuador!! That's a great responsibility, but I know that it's what I am meant to do at this time and I just feel blessed to be able to serve!! I know that I won't be alone in this and that no matter how fearful I am the Lord will be with me! He's not gonna let me do this on my own...He never has! That makes me less fearful! I'm putting my trust in Him and I know that He will not lead me astray and He will help me!! Its going to be super hard, but its going to be great and I'm excited and very happy :) I feel good about it!
Heres a map of my mission!

My Mission is actually the southern most part of Ecuador...its not the light green color or the dark green...my mish is the middle shade of green! PS My sister Audriana served in Quito Ecuador...the light green!! Isn't it crazy we are both going to Ecuador?? Wow I sure think it is!!
So yep one more month and than I'll be peacin out for a year and a half! I know y'all are gonna miss me pretty much outta control like and such, but we can get through it together! I'm gonna miss everyone too! "We're all in this together!" ;) haha!! I'll post my mission addy on here later so everyone can write to me and keep me posted on life!!
Well here are my pics from my trip and a few from...not my trip! I love y'all and hope that life is going so super great for everyone!! I am really thankful for all of you and the great examples you have been to me in my life, whatev stage of life that was for me, I can truthfully say I would not be who I am without you and the wonderful people you are! I truly love you all!!
PS: I'm going to a Mariners game next weekend with my bestie!! HOLLA!! I'm so EXCITED!! GO MARINERS!!!!
PPS: Just in case you didn't watch my whole slide show, here are the ones of my burnt legs and my second degree burn!



WEAR SUNSCREEN!!!!!
I'm just sayin......



9 comments:
Man, AM. That burn looks horrid!
OH MY GOSH!!! OUCH!!!!!! I have had horrible sunburns, but no blisters like those your boor legs. WEAR SUNSCREEN! Oh wait.. you already figured that out.
CONGRATULATIONS on the mission call! You will be so great and have so much fun. What an amazing place to go. It will be quite the experience. :D
Congratulations!!! Oh my heck, I didn't even know...cause you kept it so quiet!! That's so awesome, you are going to be a steller missionary chica! I can't wait to hear all about it, and boy you bet I'm gonna write you! I'm so happy for you! You R M azing. I love you. :) Oh, and that burn looks pretty bad, I bet it hurts, duh huh, hope you feel better soon. Crazy that it only took a few hours.
I've gotten second degree burns from the sun before too. They hurt. I think it's pretty common for members of the same family go to the same foreign country. I knew two brothers who went to Italy for their missions.
HEY GIRL!! I'm so excited for your mission.. you will be such a great missionary! oh hey I have had burns like that before also.. laying on the beach of cancun.. I thought I would get a tan... yeah no. So please tell me when your fairwell is so I can come! Love you!
Dang AnnMarie! That burn looks way painful!! Hope it's better!!!!
P.S.- Youu rock my socks!! You are going to be an AMAZING missionary!!!!!!!
shoots! those blisters must have been mighty painful! thanks for posting the pix! the slideshow is grand! i need to learn how to do that! congrats again on the miss call. i appreciated your 'lil testimony in there! i can't believe you are leaving . . . sniff, sniff. ttySOON!
yuck! those types of burns are the absolute worst. I hope you are feeling better:) BTW, I love the leaf "heart" pic.
Post a Comment